Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another moment in time.

The tree shook and an apple fell down, hitting Isaac Newton on the head and giving Eve something of a life-changing event. It seems, regardless of how we prepare, events fall into our lives like that apple; they help us get inspired, show us the darker sides of our natures, help teach us knew ways of finding hope, and eliminate that contemplative state (poor Mr. Newton). Recently, my friend and landlord has decided to default on his mortgage which places me in a position where I have to find a new place to live as quickly as possible. Rather than seeing this apple as a bomb, leaving casualties and destruction, I see it as path I get to travel to find a new destination inside. Step by step, I will learn from this discordant fruit and make fruit salad as I go. I'm just glad there are no metaphoric pineapples out there with my name on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment